As always, the Wave Gotik Treffen was a nice party. Besides free visits to museums, including an exposition of the recently deceased Hans Rudolf Giger with pieces from the Giger museum in Switserland, the ‘heathen village’ and the marked in the Agra hall, there were of course plenty of bands to choose from. Sometimes too much, so I had to skip a couple, but the bands we did see are:
- Andrew King, early on Friday (16.30). King gave quite a ‘martial industrial’ show in the Kuppelhalle;
- 7JK in the same place, but the small room called “Kantine”. Quite nice, but Matt Howden does not a very big box of ‘tricks’, so his performances tend to look alike;
- Pouppée Fabrik (Saturday Agra), an energetic show with too little audience;
- A very short piece of the Sieben show in the Altes Landratamt sauna;
- Antichildleague’s noisy show in the Moritzbastei waa followed by:
- A dark piece of noise of Trepaneringsritualen, the best show of the 2014 edition of the WGT;
- It was not all noise, since the Kraftwerk-like Belgian project Metroland played in the Kohlrabicirkus for a way too small audience (we watched half a song of Chrom afterwards, but that is not my thing);
- Early on Sunday in the Kantine played the band that I much looked forward to see: The Lost Rivers, two young shoegazerockers whose show was unfortunately less noisy than their recordings. Still an alright show though;
- The last day started with Fetisch:Mensch in the park, but this musical outlet of Oswalk Henke was not my cup of tea;
- During the Konstruktivists in the kantine I fled the massive volume, even though the show was nice;
- Land:Fire a bit lateron in the Kantine was a good as the previous time I saw them;
- Sigilum S was an alright, but not too existing closer-off.
Did I forget a few? I should copy my photos to the computer to find out.
TeHÔM “Lacrimae Mundi” CD
TREHA SEKTORI “Severh Sehenh” CD
REUTOFF & SAL SOLARIS “Eigengrau” CD
See Cycliclaw.com for more information.
DESIDERII MARGINIS ‘Thaw’ CD
BISCLAVERET ‘Theu Anagnosis’ CD
1000SCHOEN / AB INTRA – Split 2CD
See here for more info.
Thot is a strange band from Belgium making noisy, industrial rock. Not always brilliant, but they have got some moody tracks.
An all-American band that makes a filthy kind of blues rock. The vocals sound like they are shouted into a bad microphone and the music goes from upto rock to more traditional blues. The band has some very nice songs.
Deezer recommended me to play the album “2″ of Neu! It proved to be a very nice album. A bit of wave, a bit of shoegaze and more experimental tunes. The album proves to be from 1973! That is not very new!
“25.04.2014 it’s release date:
TROUM ‘Dreaming Muzak’ CD
IN SCISSORS ‘The Circus Of Ichneumons’ CD
AABZU ‘It came from outer space’ CD”
See here for more information.
From dark ambient to ambient noise. Quite dirty and here and there quite dark. Nice!
We have ordered our tickets months ago and recieved them a couple of weeks back. Not too many bands were made known then. Much more we know today and actually, the line-up is not smashing. Of course this is an opportunity to go and see bands that I do not know yet.
Names that are interesting are a bunch that will probably make a nice night with weird industrial: Trepaneringsritualen, Sigillum and Six Comm.
Since a couple of years there is also horror punk/psychobilly: 45 Grave, Bloodsucking Zombies From Outer Space.
Further there will be: 7JK (and of course Sieben and Job Karma on their own), Anne Clark, The Lost Rivers (this I am looking forward mostly), Konstruktivists and the great project Land:Fire that I already saw live once.
It will probably be fun again.
Electronic punky rock music with here and there a chaotic, ‘nowavy’ edge. Do Rabbits Wonder? is quite a nice album.